2021 Winter – 3D Design Level 3 (Codeblocks)
Codeblocks is 3D design combined with coding.
Tinkercad’s new Codeblocks computational design workspace allows the creation of 3D designs using visual programming. It enables students to make 3D models using draggable blocks of code and learn basic design and coding principles. Codeblocks includes the creation and use of variables. Values of variables can be changed to easily create designs of different sizes.
We strongly recommend students taking the “3D Design Level 1” or “3D Design Level 2” class to get familiar with the basics of Tinkercad before starting to use Codeblocks.
Sample student projects including:
- Use Algorithmic thinking to create Abstract Art pattern
- Use repeating patterns to create a tea light holder
- Learn rockets parts and create a rocket inspired by NASA illustration
- Recreate an American Flag by using reverse engineering concept
- Make a snowflake that characteristic six-fold symmetry
- Study Butterfly Life Cycle and design this complicated creature with codes
- Grade G5-G8
- Max Enroll 8
- Class Time 10:45 am - 12:15 pm EST, Sundays (1/31 - 5/9, no class on 2/14, 3/28, 4/4)
- Class Location Online