2020 Fall – Python Programming Level 1 B
Packed with interactive and easy-to-follow game projects, this course will teach students one of the most popular programming language of the 21st century – Python.
The goal of this course is to teach you what makes Python special, why you should learn it, and how you can use it to make games and solve problems for making your life easier!
- What Modules are and how to import and use them,
- Different data types like Lists, Strings, Tuples, and Dictionaries,
- How to use a function to repeat a common task,
- How to solve math problems that would be too difficult with paper,
- Loops and if-else statements,
- Drawing and programming shapes with the Turtle module,
- And lots of general logic and decision making skills!
This course starts with basic rules and principles and builds upon them until you can create fun games and solve problems you might encounter in school and everyday life.
Python is a powerful, easy-to-learn, and widely used programming language. Python can be used for a wide variety of applications, like design games, website. It is an excellent tool for learning modern technologies like data science, machine learning and computer vision, etc. As an object-oriented script programming language, Python is a great first professional language for beginners, but it’s also powerful enough to be used in big companies like Google, Yahoo!, and Facebook. In the year 2017, Python is listed as No. 1 among the top ten languages by IEEE Spectrum.
- Grade G6-G9
- Max Enroll 8
- Class Time 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm, Wednesdays (9/23 - 12/16, no class on 11/25)
- Class Location Online