2021 Winter – How to write quality college app essays
If you are approaching 10th or 11th grade, it’s time for you to begin thinking about college applications.
The common app’s essays are incredibly important to a good application. It’s one of the only parts of a college application where your voice can shine through. You want your essay to make a good impression and boost your chances of being accepted, but you have only several hundred words to make that happen.
While typical high school essays are often targeted at analysis, taking this course to bolster your abilities to write narrative essays (essays that are not taught enough in school) would be incredibly beneficial to your well-being as an applicant to a top university.
Key focus areas:
- How to avoid being cliche/boring!
- Learning from tried and true essays
- Common app essays vs supplemental essays (and how to approach each)
- The process of creating a good narrative
- Practice in writing both Common App and supplemental essays.
[note: you will not leave this course with an application-ready essay. This class is meant to lay a foundation to help you understand what a good college app essay should achieve.]
- Grade G10 - G11
- Max Enroll 6
- Class Time 12: 45 pm – 2:15 pm EST, Sundays (1/31 - 5/9, no class on 2/14, 3/28, 4/4)
- Class Location Online