2021 Winter – 3D Design Level 2 (TinkerCad)
3D design is a powerful tool to practice Math and Design, encourage creativity and innovation, and promote critical thinking and problem-solving!
Based on the skills learned from the Level 1 class, students will design various projects that require a higher level of detail.
Sample student projects including:
- Smarter Living Innovation: Invent a product that can improve the quality of our daily lives.
- Interior Design: Design a modern bathroom for a multi-million house
- Board Game design: Design a board game with its own set of rules and pieces
- Car design: Design a stylish vehicle to serve our needs in 20 years from now
- 3D Book Scene: students will create a virtual space model to explain how a book’s world appears in their mind
Tinkercad is a free, easy-to-use app for 3D design, electronics, and coding. It’s used by teachers, kids, hobbyists, and designers to imagine, design, and make anything! Since it became available in 2011 it has become a popular platform for creating models for 3D printing as well as an entry-level introduction to constructive solid geometry in schools.
Hardware Requirements: a mouse is recommended.
- Grade G4-G7
- Max Enroll 8
- Class Time 10:45 am - 12:15 pm EST, Sundays (1/31 - 5/9, no class on 2/14, 3/28, 4/4)
- Class Location Online