2021 Winter – Python Programming Level 2
The “Python Programming Level 2” class is designed to teach students computational thinking and computer programming as applied to graphics and art. Students will use the Turtle and Pygame libraries to create fun and interactive projects while enhancing their coding and math skills.
Sample student projects include:
- Use turtle to create a Pond and other static structures
- Draw a fractal tree by using the concept of recursion
- Create a real-time, animated clock
- Automatically solve Maze Problems
- Program a racing turtle game!
- Intro to Pygame
Turtle is a pre-installed Python library that enables users to create pictures and shapes by providing them with a virtual canvas. Making the programming visual gives young children a creative outlet for their programming ability to come alive.
Pygame is a cross-platform set of Python modules designed for writing video games. It includes computer graphics and sound libraries designed to be used with the Python programming language.
- Grade G7-G10
- Max Enroll 8
- Class Time 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm EST, Sundays (1/31 - 5/9, no class on 2/14, 3/28, 4/4)
- Class Location Online