Youth Committee Application
At mYe, we recognize that community service opportunities can enhance academic outcomes, cultivate leadership and help students develop the skills and knowledge necessary to become informed and responsible citizens.
Youth Leadership Committee (YLC) is established within mYe and organized by local 9th-12th grade students who are motivated to help make a difference in the community.
The YLC team will meet twice a month to identify and develop community service projects and each committee member will take part different roles to reach their shared goals. At least one community-based project will be carried out each year.
- Current 9-11 grade students living in Michigan
- Participation in mYe programs or classes in the past is preferred
- Commitment for a one-year term (January – December 2020) and a minimum 50 hours of mYe volunteer work in 2020
- Commitment to participating in mYe Sunrise volunteer activities (minimum 3 times a year)
- Passion for community service and self-improvement
- Have a community improvement proposal that you want to carry out
- Good communication skills and organization skills
- Willing to take responsibilities and challenges
If you are interested, please apply online at https://bit.ly/2Q1dDk3 by November 14th. Interviews are planned on November 17th. Final selection of team members and leaders will be announced by November 20th.